Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Raku Pottery Painting - It's Finished

“Creating a painting is a journey and returning with discoveries worth sharing and exploring, makes the journey worthwhile.” ~ Terry Gilecki

Raku Pottery Painting -It's Finished!

Title of Painting: "Strike It Rich"

Image Size: 8" x 9.5" Framed: 11.5" x 13"

Retail Price: $150.00

(This painting has been UV Varnished, no glass required)


I confess, I was not happy with the first painting. Upon studying it, I found the table with it's underbar made the lower half of the painting too dark, distracting from the beauty of the pottery, that I wanted to capture. So, I finished the painting and tucked it away......then I started a new piece shown here. I like the simplicity of this painting. The slimmer table edge, creates a better overall balance. Bringing the background's blue tones below the table edge, helps the rose to shine. What drew me to paint this set-up, was the richness of colors & textures in the pottery vase. Also, I was very much drawn to the "masculine/femine" balance represented in this piece. In the vase, (the upper half ... soft & smooth, the lower half, rich, dark, textural, heavy looking). And also in the vase against the rose, (the rose being pretty & delicate, with a light femine scent).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...