Thursday, January 15, 2009

On The Easel-New Painting, Fruit with Striped Bowl

Every man has his own destiny: the only imperative is to follow it, to accept it, no matter where it leads him. Henry Miller















I've started a new painting......this is the 1st step. I almost always start with my background. I find it easier to judge all my other values against it. I may touch it up at the very end....for example....just above the apple on the left, it needs a darker color scumbled on that area. I will wait until the fruit and lace cloth are done and decide, do I want it towards the green or more toward the blue/grey? There may be other area's that I will want to adjust as well.

I still have the painting with Raku Pottery, Rose and Lace to complete. I've been procrastinating on this one....not sure why...I'll give myself another day or two to skirt around it.
Thank's for viewing my site, have an awesome day!

Laura Leeder
lleeder@telus.net
www.lauraleeder.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...