Thursday, January 29, 2009

On The Easel-Raku Vase w Rose,Lace-Step 5

”I am always doing things I can't do, that's how I get to do them.” - Picasso





Step 5: The above quote seems to fit this one! I have to force myself to work on it. I'm afraid to move forward in fear of wrecking the folds and lacework. A good thing about putting it on the blog is, it forces me to keep working on it. Have completed the vase. Have completed table top....note the suggestion of wood grain. Have removed the miskit on the lace holes in the folds, slowly deepening the shadows with pale glazes of blue-grey, rose & orange. Will continue to develop the lace. Rose is almost complete......will come back to it after the lace is further along. The background was too light and I've added another layer of Verditer blue, Ultramarine blue and Blue Apatite Genuine, strategicaly placeing the Ultrmarine blue around the rose. Boy will I be glad to see this one finished!! Stay tuned....... Yours in art, Laura Leeder

email: lleeder@telus.net www.lauraleeder.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...