Monday, February 2, 2009

On The Easel-Fruit with Striped Bowl Painting

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; but a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist." -Louis Nizer


Step 2: I've started painting the fruit and striped bowl. I pre-wet each of the fruits and charged in the colors (Aureolin, Q. Red, New Gamboge, Sap Green and Ultramarine Blue), allowing them to dry. I then glazed a 2nd layer of color and will continue to do so building up the values. On the striped bowl, I've saved the highlights on the top edge of bowl with miskit, as I want them sharp. I will blot and paint around the whites on the rest of the bowl, so they will be softer and varied in value. The lace tablecloth has also received it's first washes of color to start indicating the folds over table edge. Painting size is 8 1/2" by 15". So far, so good....Thanks for stopping by!
Yours in Art, Laura Leeder
email: lleeder@telus.net Visit my website: http://www.lauraleeder.com/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...