Sunday, March 8, 2009

On The Easel - Raku Vase w Rose, Lace-Completed!

"There is no substitute for feeling the stone, the metal, the plaster, or the wood in the hand; to feel its weight; to feel its texture; to struggle with it in the world rather than in the mind alone." -William M. Dupree


















This painting is titled, "Borrowed Treasure"
This size is 11 1/4" x 16" and is UV varnished on 200lb watercolor paper

Yea! This one is finally finished. I adore this vase, I'm drawn to it's texture, it's shape, it's variation in color. It's just plain fun to paint! I've used granulating paints, mineral paints and salt...lot's of salt. I've left a lot of the salt on the vase and up close you can see it and feel it.
I borrowed this pottery vase .... hence the name.

For purchase information you can email me lleeder@telus.net or phone: 250 402-6599
Yours in art, Laura Leeder

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...