Wednesday, May 6, 2009

On The Easel - Painting Completed

I think that no matter how old or infirm I may become, I will always plant a large garden in the spring. Who can resist the feelings of hope and joy that one gets from participating in nature's rebirth? ~Edward Giobbi

I have a row of lilac hedges on 2 sides of my property. When these are in bloom, the scent, not to mention the colors is wonderful. The hummingbirds nest, sing, dance and party all summer long in my lilac bushes. While these lilacs were a challenge to paint, they are well worth it. They provide me with many pleasant memories of spring past!

"Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without." (Confucius)


















Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!" ~Robin Williams

This spring painting is titled: Dressed For The Party!
The size is: 12" x 13" and is painted on Saunders Waterford 200lb watercolor paper.

And tomorrow this party girl is headed off to the framers for framing and will be ready for sale.

For inquires on this painting or any others, please contact me at 250 402-6599 or email me: leeder@telus.net

More work to follow on next posting!

Thanks for stopping by,
Laura Leeder

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...