Tuesday, May 12, 2009

On The Easel - Rose Painting Completed

"Today we need colour more than at any time in history. Blacks and grays, both depressing, should be replaced in clothes, offices and homes with new colours that give inspiration, tranquility and happiness." -Linda Clark



















I planted this rose bush last year. I was intrigued by the photo on the card....showing this brilliant orange-red rose.

I was not disappointed.....the blossoms were breath-taking...a beautiful hit of blazing orange beckoned to me as I strolled down my "mock orange" path. I could not resist painting this rose blossom.

This watercolor painting was completed May 2009.
The title is "Candelabra Rose"
The size is 8" x 7.5"
This little beauty is Sold!

"You love the roses - so do I. I wish the sky would rain down roses, as they rain from off the shaken bush. Why will it not? Then all the valley would be orange and red and soft to tread on. They would fall as light as feathers, smelling sweet; and it would be like sleeping and like waking, all at once! " - George Eliot

Take time to "stop and smell the roses"....till next time,
Laura Leeder

lleeder@telus.net
http://www.lauraleeder.com/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...