Sunday, June 21, 2009

On The Easel - Pears Rock

"To see what's in front of one's nose requires a constant struggle." - George Orwell














I started this painting for a demo at the Painted Turtle Gallery, during the "Blossom Festival" end of may. My goal was to have the background painted in, along with some of the colors in the rock and blossoms, then start painting the pears during the demo. I did not like the 1st layer of background colors and was "stuck" as to how to proceed. (yes, it happens!)

So, I started another painting, with a deeper blue/green background, which is featured in an earlier posting, (May 20,2009) for the demo at the gallery. This one will eventually get finished, however, I liked the way rock was coming along in the one above, so I wanted to try and finish it.

I took it to a wednesday morning painting session with the Art Club and through the suggestions of artist Marion Evans, I added some strong hints of burnt sienna, along with indanthrone blue and ameythst genuine...a glittery primatek color, and WOW! What a difference!
Thanks Marion!













I will continue to develop the painting and post another update later this month!

"Of all the wonderful things in the wonderful universe of God, nothing seems to me more surprising than the planting of a seed in the blank earth and the result thereof."
-Julie Moir Messervy


Enjoy your day! Laura Leeder

Email: lauraleeder@telus.net
Visit my website: http://www.lauraleeder.com/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...