Tuesday, July 14, 2009

On The Easel-New Painting With Roses

"Watercolor is a medium that can be as demanding and temperamental as those who choose to paint with it. But it is a colorful and exciting medium all the same – well suited to describing the many moods of the subject, as well as those of the artist wielding the brush." -Jean Burman















It's summertime! Distractions are everywhere! We have had company, so in-between the weeding, rain, & visiting.....very little painting. Our friends & neighbors from Edmonton, Alberta...Don & Michelle joined us for a few days. Thank You for your visit....as always ....a pleasure to have around...all the best in you future endeavors.

Step 2...Painting with roses and cherries, it's coming along slowly. Have dropped in some color into the roses and have stopped. As these are going to be my lightest lights....I have decided to work on other areas of the painting before going back to the roses. As the white of the paper will be the lightest value on my roses, it's critical that I don't add too much color this early in the painting.


Ivor & I are packing to get away for a few days....so this painting will sit for a while. We are hoping to leave tomorrow or Thursday for a camping/fishing trip. Heading up to Summit Lake, located near Naskusp,bc. This lake has been recommend to us by many people here in Creston, as a good "fishing hole." So we are headed there for a much needed respite. With any luck, we'll have ourselves a good fish fry!


Perhaps, after having some R& R. I can concentrate on this painting once again and finish it!

*Here is another photo of one of my roses from my garden:


Do not watch the petals fall from the rose with sadness, know that, like life, things sometimes must fade, before they can bloom again.”




This is a climbing rose called "Josephs Coat". Can you guess why?! Upon hearing about this rose from my framer...Jan...I searched it out and purchased it.


Have an awesome week....will post when I return from my fishing trip.


Yours in art,
Laura Leeder

email: lauraleeder@telus.net
website: http://www.lauraleeder.com/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...