Friday, April 2, 2010

On The Easel - Developing Peony's with Limes, Still life

"Perceptive observation is seeing with your brain, feeling with your eyes, interpreting with your heart."   -Robert Wade
















I am continuing to develop the flowers.  I have added a second, lite wash to the back peonys using a mixture of blue & violet.  Each peony received a slightly different mix. I lifted the color while wet, at the edges of each petal, this helps to separate them. Working slowly, I will start to devolop each of the petals on the back peonys.
Moving on to the lemons, I have added a few dots of miskit, where I wanted to save the white of the paper.  I added a wash of  aureolin yellow and charged in a deeper wash of new gamboge where I wanted to build darks.  While still wet, I have dropped in a touch of  lite green.  I will let this dry and start adding color to the lace and tabletop.
Yours in art,
Laura Leeder
Email:  lleeder@telus.net
Visit my website:  http://www.lauraleeder.com/      

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...