Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pears Rock-on exhibit at the Chamber of Commerce, Creston

"A painting doesn't have to have a profound meaning. It doesn't have to 'say' a word. We fall in love for simpler reasons."  -Harley Brown













ART SHOW: Local People, Local Places
May 10th - June 14th, 2010
Chamber Of Commerce, Creston, BC

Opening Reception:
Saturday, May 22 from 2-3pm
Chamber Of Commerce
All Artists will be in attendance 

Title: "Pears Rock"  
Medium: Watercolor, UV Varnished   Retail: $200.00

About the painting:
The blossoms came from the pear tree in my own yard, just around Blossom Festival time last year.  Most often the title for my paintings comes last.  In this case, I had the title in my head, so my husband & I went searching for the perfect rock to accompany the blossoms & pears.  We found this one while driving around the Dodge Creek area.  It caught my attention, as it sparkled, while the sunlight danced across it.  Upon closer inspection, I decided it was perfect. 

Enjoy your day,
Laura Leeder
Email:  lleeder@telus.net

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...