Thursday, August 26, 2010

Painting in progress - with Raku Pottery, Birds, Grapes & Lace

"If I am excited about a subject, it is because I can see it as a painting and not an object or scenery. I have already made an artistic translation in my mind."   (Donald Demers)















Step 4  Grapes Leaves:  I have darkened the background around the leaves, purple grapes and birds, using Deep Sap Green, Burnt Sienna and Blue Apatite Genuine.  At the same time, I lightened the upper leaf where it overlaps the lower leaf.

The green grapes were lost beside the leaves....my solution was to add some warm and cool reds to the grapes as needed to bring forward or push back.

The birds are starting to come to life.....adding the crevice darks to the red grapes and deepening colors as needed on each, while trying to save the highlights.

Continuing to add light value glazes of various color to the lace cloth and starting to develop the shadows.

Working with DS Primatek Colors on the pottery, I am continuing to add new colors and deeper values where needed.  These colors are granular and contain pure minerals which help to add the texture that I'm looking for.  The rich purple color you see in the bowl is primarily Amethyst Genuine and the mica in this paint gives off a beautiful sparkle when viewed in the light.

More to follow....

Enjoy your day,
Laura Leeder
lleeder@telus.net
http://www.lauraleeder.com/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...