Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Painting in progress - with Raku Pottery, Birds, Grapes & Lace

"God gives every bird its food, but He does not throw it into its nest." 
     ~J.G. Holland

It's finished!  This painting is titled:  "Guardians Of  The Grape" 
Size: 20"x24" Framed    Retail Price:  $375.00    By Artist, Laura Leeder  

This piece was fun to paint, although, my background choice made it a challenge.....practise makes perfect.....I have "learned" a lesson or two on this one.

I've been adding Raku Pottery to several of my still lifes.  Attempting their likeness is fun, charging in sedimentary paints, spraying water, throwing salt and then waiting to see the results....a nice change from the methodical way I paint.

This bowl is made by artist "Kimberley Chernoff", a local potter from the Nelson area.  I have a few other pieces of hers, and you will be seeing more of them in future paintings.  Her pottery can be purchased at the "Painted Turtle Gallery" here in Creston or contact the artist by email: krestovaclayworks@shaw.ca    

When I came across these little birds in "Morris Flowers", our local florist & gift shop, I just knew they'd be perfect in this still life, adding a playful twist to the story.  

This painting will be on display & for sale at the Creston Art Club's Annual Fall Show & Sale, the weekend of September 10th & 11th at the Rotacrest Hall.  *See events page for more information.  

*Later this week I will post a photo of the new painting I have started....my largest piece yet....another new challenge for me! 

Thanks for stopping by...have a great day!
Yours in art, Laura Leeder   
Email me:  lleeder@telus.net
Visit my website:  http://www.lauraleeder.com/ 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...