Saturday, September 18, 2010

On The Easel-New Floral Painting, Peony's in a Porcelain Vase

"The simplicity of form, the drama of rich, intense colour, the joy of challenge, and the challenge of endurance... The piece, when it is over, is not what is made, but how it is made."   -Andrew Kuntz



As promised, I am finally posting an image of the latest painting I am working on.  The size of this piece is 21.5" x 16.5".  I chose to keep the composition simple as it's all about the peony blossoms!  I wanted the focus on the multi-petaled blossoms and the patterned vase.  I tried to choose colors for the background that were overall cool and would help push the "pink" blossoms forward.  These are complicated flowers and will be a real challenge for me!  The trick will be in soft pale glazes of color, using a variety of both warm & cool tints to slowly develop the blossoms.  I am moving slowly on this one...... 
It's overcast today, so I plan to spend a good part of the day in the studio painting.  However, before I do, I'm off to the video store to pick out a movie for tonight.   
Have a good one, Laura Leeder

lleeder@telus.net            

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...