Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Blogging and Art, both require Knowledge & Skills, Artist Laura Leeder

"All of us take an interest, to a greater or lesser extent, in what people around us look like, what they are doing, and why they are doing it."   -David Cobley

With a commitment to building a more vibrant blog, I signed up for a Blog Triage class.   Today's assignment is to write a blog post describing the type(s) of people I would like to visit and read my blog.


(Nothing like stepping right out of  my comfort zone.)  My initail answer is everyone! 
Who are they?

They are people of all ages and backgrounds, and from all over the world.  The common bond we share is an interest and appreciation of Art. 

I started this blog as a way to share my paintings and joy, in painting with a larger audience.  Having "closet" blogged for some time now, with limited skills, and confidence, I've decided that it's time to get help. Hence, the workshop.  I've no doubt, that the knowledge and skills, I glean from this workshop, will also show up in my artwork!  I am looking forward to the challenge of learning and mastering new skills!

Time for a coffee break, then it's back to work in the studio!
         (and a perfect seque for this painting)


Title:  Morning Coffee
Retail:  $135.00 
Framed:  11.5" x14"  (UV Varnished)


Watercolor by Laura Leeder





This painting will be on display at the Creston Library, Nov 3-Dec 24 To purchase this painting, you may contact me:
By phone (250-402-6599) or email me: lleeder@telus.net

"Knowledge is the stuff from which new ideas are made... The real key to being creative lies in what you do with your knowledge."  -Roger von Oech

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...