Saturday, November 13, 2010

On The Easel-Apples And Lace Painting, By Laura Leeder

"Painters love paint itself: so much that they spend years trying to get paint to behave the way they want it to..."    -James Elkins






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Apples and lace, watercolor painting, step 1.  This is the exciting stage!  All that white paper, an image in my head, the color choices...so many possibilities!  Not crazy about the background...on impulse, I charged in a mineral paint (sodalite) to passages within the indanthrone blue. It's left some dark, grainy spots...impulse is not always a good thing!  I will move on to the rest of the painting and hopefully, come up with a solution.  More later....
 
Your comments are welcome:  email me at:  lleeder@telus.net
 
Yours in art,
Laura
 
"I feel a drastic turn in the road of my art coming soon."   -Moncy Barbour

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...