Tuesday, November 16, 2010

On The Easel-Apples and Lace Painting, By Laura Leeder

"I feel as though I haven't seen an object until I actually start painting it"  -Janet Fish

Step 2: Painting in progress




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
    Watercolor painting on 300lb paper
             ©2010 Laura Leeder
 
I placed the yellow arrows by some of the areas of the background, where the mineral paint(Sodalite) and Indanthrone Blue paint....repelled each other.  It might have worked had I added a 3rd color or had more value changes in the blue. 
 
*I will come back to this background later in the painting..... 
 
Continuing to move around the painting, adding more glazes of color and slowly developing value contrasts as needed.
 
More to follow,
Laura 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...