Saturday, January 29, 2011

On The Easel - New Beginnings Stalled!

"If I struggle with a painting, and find the wisdom at the time to know I'm struggling, it is because my inner child has been neglected. When I invite my inner child back into 'the picture' my struggling dissolves."    -Jim Pescott


This quote say's it all!  I was not going to post this painting again until I felt it was finished.  However, I got stuck on it....I sometimes hit a block when I'm  working on a piece.  It's close to being finished....yet, I know it needs more work and I each time I pick up the brush, load it with paint, I put it back down again.  Can't move forward, can't walk away from it. 



Painting #3
in the "Teacup Series"













©Laura Leeder, Watercolor, Size: 9 1/4"x11 1/2"



 *So, I will force myself to take the weekend off.....no painting, not even for 5 minutes.  I will stay out of the studio.  I will take some play time, get other tasks around the house completed and start fresh on Monday morning.  

(Now the week, hasn't been a total loss, I started a Yoga class on Monday, I have been working on a sketch for the 4th painting in the teacup series.  I will post that one next week after I get the background in)

And WHO said painting this white rose again was going to be a fun challenge??!!!

Enjoy your weekend,

Laura Leeder

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...