Tuesday, January 11, 2011

On The Easel-Tea Cup Series #2, By Laura Leeder

"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do. There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth."  -Rumi






Work in progress....very nearly done!








©Jan 2011, Laura Leeder, Watercolor     Size:  7 1/4 x 9 1/2


"Take an object. Do something to it. Do something else to it. Do something else to it."
  -Jasper Johns

The small size of this painting is preventing me from exploring color in my rose the way I envision it in my head.  So, I decided to start a new painting of this teacup and rose....slightly larger...9 1/4 x 11 1/2.

















©Jan 2011, Laura Leeder, Watercolor

This slightly larger size of teacup and rose will give me a bit more of a "working" surface that will allow my glazes of color more room to diffuse across each petal.  Allowing me to add more definition. 

Hence, my excuse for not completing the above painting yesterday.  I also worked on 2 other paintings that I have "in-progress", as well as selected another teacup still life to start working on later this week.

My goal for today...focus on completing the 1st teacup and rose painting. Secondly, go into town, specificaly to Morris Flowers and Overwaitee in search of 2 items I want to include in future teacup paintings. (it will be a surprise)

Stay tuned.....

Artfully Yours, Laura Leeder

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...