Sunday, February 13, 2011

In The StudioThis Week....Trash or Treasures?!

"When I am halfway there with a painting, it can occasionally be thrilling... But it happens very rarely; usually it's agony... I go to great pains to mask the agony. But the struggle is there. It's the invisible enemy."    -Richard Diebenkorn


 
     ©Laura Leeder, February 2011, paintings in progress

Okay, I'm not really planning to trash any of these......I'm hoping to end up with a treasure of two. 

I thought if would be interesting to show you all the paintings that are in my studio in various stages of completion.  Most are close to completing....they are at that stage where the initial fun & excitement is gone.

It's time to Analise, make adjustments in color, and add the details that will hopefully pull it all together.  (all of which, takes a lot of time & positive energy)


"The struggle between art and mastery is like the struggle between spontaneity and persistence. When they become one, it is indeed rare and hard won."  -Paul Kane



      ©Laura Leeder, February 2011, paintings in progress


Sometimes projects and time constraints force me to leave an unfinished painting for a later date, and focus on new painting ideas.  As is the case right now with the "Teacup" series I am working on.  Several of these need to be completed for Spring, so they are the priority.  I have been working on 3 Teacup paintings this week and one is completed.....(will post this one tomorrow) another is very close to being done. 

I have also spent time photographing other teacup's for more paintings.  Plan to start 2 more of these this week....(they are teacups from the Museum). 

While I always have more than 1 painting on the go at any one time, I will admit that 6 is a lot, even for me!
It's a bit daunting.....but, I will spend a few minutes a day on these and I will eventually get them all completed!  

Happy Sunday Everyone!

 Laura Leeder

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...