Thursday, February 3, 2011

On The Easel - Another Day, Another Teacup

"Sometimes there are rare golden moments, moments of bliss and dreamlike poetry... That's what gives me my passion and the fuel I need to continue moving paint across a fresh, waiting canvas."  -Eric Frantz        
                                                                                                                                     

©2011, Laura Leeder, Watercolor                          

I ended last week feeling disappointed and fustrated that I didn't complete my painting #3 in the teacup series.  Knowing that a break from it was in order, I started working on this one, #4 in the series (no titles, as yet).  I will continue to work on this one today......

I am pleased with the way the background tuned out.  It has an old, weathered sort of feel, and such depth!  The colors used are: Indanthrone Blue, Burnt Sienna and Amythest Genuine, all Daniel Smith Watercolors.

Artfuly Yours,
Laura Leeder 

Did You Know.....
    -Tea comes from the leaves of a tree call Camellia sinensis. Although the tree can grow over 300 feet tall it is cut short like bush so that the leaves can be plucked easily while harvesting.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...