Saturday, February 5, 2011

On The Easel - Another Day Towards Progress

"What would it be like if you lived each day, each breath, as a work of art in progress? Imagine that you are a Masterpiece unfolding, every second of every day, a work of art taking form with every breath."   -Thomas Crum









#4 in the Teacup Series
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
©2011, Laura Leeder, Watercolor  
 
This painting is slowly taking shape.  I am pleased with the overall feel of this piece and starting to think about a suitable title.  I plan to spend an hour in the studio today and will continue to work on this painting. 

I was at the Museum Thursday afternoon going through the many containers filled with teacups.  Wow!
What a selection.....I had a tough time deciding on the cups I wanted to use.  Initially, I thought I would select 8 - 12 teacups....in the end I chose 20 teacups.  I'm excited to get started on these paintings!

This "Teacup Series" I am working on will be featured at the Crestion Museums
 "An Old-Fashioned Tea"  -  August 13, 2011, From 1:00pm - 4:00pm


One lucky winner will take home an original Watercolor Painting featuring one of the Museums teacups!

For more information and reservations please follow this link:

Old-Fashioned Tea at the Creston Museum

And now....it's time for tea!
Artfully Yours, Laura Leeder

Did You Know......
      Most tea falls into one of three categories; black, oolong and green.
      Other categories include white and yellow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...