Monday, February 28, 2011

On The Easel - Teacups and The Art Of Observation



"Not enjoyment, and not sorrow, is our destined end or way; / But to act, that each
 to-morrow / Finds us further than to-day."   -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

















©Laura Leeder, Feb.2011, Watercolor in progress
 
It occured to me this morning as I was preparing this post that these small paintings of teacups are excellent lessons in honing my observation skills.  Not to mention drawing & perspective.  
 
A better part of Saturday and Sunday was spent sorting receipts, and preparing my year-end for income tax.  I am happy to say that I have completed this task!  
 
I have a busy morning scheduled, if I can get into the studio this afternoon, I will get this painting finished.
 
Enjoy your day,  Laura Leeder
 
And the snow just keeps falling and falling and falling.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...