Monday, March 7, 2011

On The Easel - The Start Of Another Teacup Painting

“I shall become a master in this art only after a great deal of practice.”
     - Erich Fromm




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
©Laura Leeder, Feb.2011, Watercolor in progress
 
Working on the 3rd of the Creston Museum Teacups. I spent a good part of yesterday afternoon, photographing a few more cups in various formats.  
 
All of my photographing is done outdoors on sunny days.  I have found it to be the simplest and most effective way to get the strong, cast shadows that are a part of my paintings.  
 
The added benefit is....I get to spend time outside, even when I am working!  I see and hear nature in action.  I get a lot of pleasure out of listening to the birds chirping and watching them go about their day.  
 
Have a great Monday,
Yours in Art,  Laura Leeder
 
Did You Know......
   -Laborers harvest tea by hand plucking the leaves, which are then dried and processed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...