Friday, March 11, 2011

On The Easel - Teacups And The Art of Discovery

"With repetition, the alternate approaches become clear, options open."
     -Robert Genn


©Laura Leeder, March 2011, Watercolor Painting In Progress

This is the first time that I have painted in a "series".  I could never understand how someone could paint the same thing over and over again.  After completing 3 teacup paintings, I was beginning to wonder how I was going to complete another one and continue to stay enthused and challenged.  And then I had my moment of discovery!  I got it!  

By painting a theme repeatedly, you not only master certian skills quicker, you actually open yourself up to be more creative.  
"The key to mastery is through repetition, and through repetition one embarks on a exploratory journey of discovery!"

Have a good one,
Laura Leeder
Watercolor Artist, Creston, BC

3 comments:

Valdja Maria said...

Linda aquarela!

Theresa Paden said...

Your teacup paintings are beautiful!

Laura Leeder said...

You are very kind, Thank You!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...