Tuesday, March 29, 2011

On The Easel - Teacups, Roses and Delicate Patterns

"To gain confidence, constant practice is essential. Just as a musician needs to practice regularly to retain his touch, the watercolourist needs to be constantly in touch with the medium."  -Robert Lovett






"Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere."  
 ~Chinese Proverb




 
 
 
 
 
©Laura Leeder, March 2011, Watercolor In Progress
 
I avoided working on this painting until late afternoon yesterday, as I wasn't in the mood to tackle the delicate pattern along the edge of the cup.  I spent the morning working on a new teacup painting with pink daisies instead. 
 
After a walk, lunch and several more excuses, I reluctantly picked up my pencil and started to re-draw once again, the pattern on this teacup.  As a result, I haven't gotten very far......on the other hand....I did move past my block.  I will continue to work on this one today, perhap's my muse will step in and finish it for me! 
 
Artfully Yours,
Laura Leeder
Watercolor Artist, Creston, BC
    

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...