Friday, April 1, 2011

On The Easel - You Guessed It!, Another Teacup Painting

"Allow yourself to enjoy the journey. Everything you draw or paint does not have to be a finished masterpiece."   -Michele Cooper



















©Laura Leeder, April 1, Watercolor In Progress

Step 1:  I almost always start by painting in my background first.  I just find it easier to judge all my other values against it.



















©Laura Leeder, April 1, Watercolor In Progress

Step 2:  Adding initial watercolor washes to teacup, flowers and lace on table top.  I use only transparent paints and start out with my lightest values, building depth through a series of glazes.  This helps to give the painting a luminosity that cannot be achieved with semi-transparent or opaque watercolors.

Thank You for following along, all comments are welcome, I appreciate the feed back!

Have a creative day,

Laura Leeder
Watercolor Artist, Creston, BC

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...