Thursday, May 26, 2011

Apple Blossom's In All Their Glory-The Inspiration For My Next Painting

"Inspiration comes from nature itself. I am enamored of nature, and that admiration has only increased as I age."   (Benjamin Eisenstat)
















©Apple Blossoms, Laura Leeder, May 2011

As a Still-Life and Floral Artist, living in a rich agricultural area, my inspiration for a painting often comes from the surrounding landscape.   And right now....the valley is at it's very best.  The orchard's are bursting with color as the blossom's on the fruit tree's celebrate another season of growth.

I shot this photo yesterday in the orchard adjacent to my property.  As I was taking some photo's several ideas for paintings came to mind.  Excitedly,  I drove out to a friends property, who has several apple tree's and who didn't mind my cutting off a few branches ripe with blossom's to take home for photo's. 

A few hours later, I had taken several photographs with various items and of course these beautiful "apple blossoms."   I've selected a few photos and will start working on the sketch for a painting today.

Artfully Yours,
Laura Leeder
Watercolor Artist, Creston, BC

Did You Know.....
Apple blossoms on a tree are not necessarily a positive indicator of forthcoming apples. If blossoms are not adequately pollinated, a flowering tree will not bear fruit.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...