Wednesday, June 1, 2011

On The Easel - A Watercolor Painting Showcasing Apple Blossoms

"Thought is the blossom, language the bud, action the fruit behind."   
     - Ralph Waldo Emerson




Step 3













©Laura Leeder, Apple with Apple Blossoms, Watercolor In Progress,


Yesterday was perfect weather for working outdoors in the yard.....so I only spent a short time in the studio.

I have made some progress painting the apple leaves and blossoms...I will continue to concentrate on these, adding more glazes of color and deepening the values.  I'm not sure about the background....however, I will leave it for now and see how I feel as the painting develops.

Enjoy your day,
Laura Leeder
Watercolor Artist, Creston, BC

Did You Know: 
- The origin of the apple tree is believed to be in an area between the Caspian and the Black Sea.
- Archeologists have found evidence that humans have been enjoying apples since 6500 BC.
- Apples are a member of the rose family of plants along with pears, peaches, plums and cherries.

2 comments:

Judy said...

It looks already beautiful to me! I love your Did you Know?'s. There was of course an apple since Adam and Eve....

Laura Leeder said...

Thank's Judy,
As always, I appreciate your comments!

Quite right....how could I have omitted the temptation of Eve? I will add it on the next entry.

I enjoy adding the "Did You Knows?"....although, I sometimes spend far too much time looking up information!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...