Sunday, June 19, 2011

Wedgewood Manor Hosts an Exhibit of Watercolors By Laura Leeder




















©Wedgewood Manor Country Inn, Crawford Bay, BC
    Photo by Laura Leeder

As part of the 16th Annual Creston Valley and Eastshore ARTWALK , I will be exhibiting some of my watercolor paintings at this beautiful Country Inn.

Artwalk runs from June 17 - Sept 5, 2011.  Maps of all the venues showcasing Artists can be picked up at the Chamber of Commerce in Creston and throughout the Valley in local businesses and artist owned galleries.

Last week Ivor & I drove up to Crawford Bay to hang my paintings in the manor and had a delightful visit with the owners, Nancy & Andre.  We were given a tour of the manor & part of the gardens.  The manor has been lovingly restored (still plenty of charm & history remains), with a few modern touches that are sure to make your stay not only enjoyable but comfortable as well. 

It was built as the retirement home of Royal Navy Senior Commander James Matthew Harrison for his wife, Lady Lucy Caroline Wedgwood.  Lucy was the great grand daughter of the founder of the Wedgwood China Company. (Josiah Wedgewood)

 *I do not have a wedgewood teacup...or I would have included it in my "teacup series" of watercolor paintings.  I will certainly be on the hunt for one now though! 

I left with a very special item given to me on loan, that I will include in a future painting. 
(you'll have to check back later this summer to find out)

For more information you can visit their website: www.wedgwoodcountryinn.com
or better yet, pay them a visit! 

WEDGWOOD MANOR
16002 Crawford Creek Road
Crawford Bay, BC

The art exhibit is in the lobby of the manor and can be seen 10am -5pm daily. 

Art Exhibit & Sale of Watercolors By Laura Leeder



©Guardians Of The Grapes, Watercolor, Framed: 20"x24"
   Laura Leeder

2 comments:

Judy said...

Congrats with your exhibition! What an lovely place for your paintings! You certainly have to get a Wedgewood teacup now!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Judy! I so agree, I will be on the hunt in antique & vintage shops for a wedgewood cup. I could go on line to Wedgewood and buy a new one but that would be too easy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...