Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer Time Is "Plein Air" Painting Time

Then followed that beautiful season... Summer....

Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape
lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood.
     -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
©Laura Leeder, July 2011
 
Summer is here and that means spending time outdoors, soaking up the sun, and enjoying all that mother nature has to offer.  
 
I am not a "plein air" painter, my highly detailed watercolor paintings are more suitable to painting indoors in the studio, where I have some control over my surroundings.  
 
Having said that, I am going to try and paint more outdoors this summer.  I will paint small practise sketches of items etc.  and see where it takes me.  
 
I'm off to play for the weekend........have a great week,
          Happy Canada Day!
 
Artfully Yours,
Laura Leeder,
Watercolor Artist
Creston, BC  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...