Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Along The Shoreline Of Kootenay Lake - A Painter's Dream


"Every now and then go away, have a little relaxation, for when you come back to your work your judgement will be surer.  Go some distance away because then the work appears smaller and more of it can be taken in at a glance and a lack of harmony and proportion is more readily seen."     ~Leonardo da Vinci


The Batkes'-Katie (our niece),
Rose (my sister),
my husband Ivor (holding Kenya),
Perry (brother-in law)
and Ben (our nephew)
 ...an me? I'm taking the picture!  






@ Next Creek Beach, west shore of  Kootenay Lake, BC
      Laura Leeder, July 30,2011

If you're a landscape painter......the scenic coastline of Kootenay Lake will provide you with an unlimited supply of breathtaking views for pleasure, inspiration, and subject matter for your paintings.  I enjoy       being outdoors and especially enjoy spending time along the rocky shoreline of Kootenay Lake. I do not, however, desire to paint it.   I thoroughly enjoy painting still life's and florals and continue to find pleasure in using watercolor paints.  

My younger sister & family from Alberta, spent a few days visiting us.  We took them out on the lake, boating and fishing.  We enjoyed a shore picnic at Empty Creek beach on the South West side of Kootenay Lake.  This was our 1st time here.....really enjoyed it.... a great place to take friends and family for a day!
















©Next Creek Beach, Kootenay Lake
  Laura Leeder, July 30, 2011

















©Next Creek Beach, Kootenay Lake
   Laura Leeder, July 30, 2011

I am enjoying my time on the lake and while I haven't been painting....I have been thinking about art, pondering different marketing directions and planning new paintings. 

I will get back to painting very soon....in fact I'm looking forward to it......although the break has been very good for me!

 "We all need time to sit and rest, a place to relax and take a breath" 
  ~Michael Albrechtson


Creatively Yours,
Laura Leeder
Watercolor Artist, Creston, BC

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...