Friday, August 19, 2011

Change Is In The Air -

"Change shakes us up, and we can thank our Muse for it... we are driven by change to create, to excel, and to become better humans, perhaps even more sensitive humans!" 
 -Max Elliott


















©"Summer Blues", Watercolor By Laura Leeder

The closing of our local gallery this June (Painted Turtle) was a catalyist that forced me to think about my immediate future as an Artist.  I took most of the summer off from painting and spent it at the lake, sunning, rock collecting, boating, fishing, all the while pondering how this has affected me and what my next move as an artist should be.
One of my favorite sayings is:  "When one door closes another one opens".   With that in mind, I look forward to the upcoming month's....I am open to the possibilities.     

So.....change is in the air....

I have family visiting next week from Alberta, and after that I will be getting back into the studio.  I am more than ready to get back to painting .  I've enjoyed the summer....looking forward to September and fall!

Have a great weekend,
Laura Leeder
Watercolor Artist, Creston, BC

  
"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change."  Charles Darwin

2 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Laura, I am also a firm believer in that saying:""When one door closes another one opens". You will think of all kinds of other opportunities...the gallery closing simply forces you out of your comfort zone to think of something perhaps much better.
Enjoy what is left of the summer.

Laura Leeder said...

So true Christiane, thanks for your comment. I have a few ideas, however, as always, the painting's must come first!

Enjoy the rest of your summer too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...