Monday, September 26, 2011

A Peach Study In Watercolor

"My Mama always said you've got to put the past behind you before you can move on."

 - the movie Forrest Gump













Step 1





©Peach Study, by Laura Leeder, Sept. 2011














Step 2





Not every painting is a success, as was the case with "cherries and lace" from my last post.  The more I worked on it...the less I liked it.  So, I decided not to work on it any further.  It has been moved into a very important file, my "scrap" file.  The backside will be used to test paints, etc. 

I have moved on, and started this new study of a peach.  (I'm feeling better already!)

Laura Leeder
Watercolor Artist, Creston, BC 

5 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

A painting, whether successful or not, is never wasted time: it can always teach us something, even if it is just what to avoid next time:-) You have done great work on the peach!

Valdja Maria said...

beautiful!!!

Judy said...

Hi Laura, beautiful study! What an odd looking leaves almost "framing" the peach. I love the quote from Forrest Gump, by the way!

Laura Leeder said...

Christiane, Valdja and Judy, thank you for your comments!

So true Christiane! We are sometimes blinded to this fact because of the cost of material's and time that is put into a painting.

The peach leaves are odd looking....I think this is partly what attracted me to paint this peach.

Anamaria do Val said...

This is very beautiful, Laura!Congrats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...