Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"Peach With A Twist" - A Newly Completed Watercolor Painting

"You can accelerate your development by giving yourself a fresh set of challenges, or the same set viewed from a different angle, every day. Explore a different path – if it's a dead end, explore another."
  -Paul Foxton


















© "Peach With A Twist" - Watercolor - Size: 7.25"x8.5"
      By Laura Leeder, Sept. 28, 2011

CLICK HERE for painting purchase information.

Here is the completed "peach" study.  I am "leafing out"..... (couldn't resit that one), from my usual format.      I was about to remove some of the leaves, but decided that the way they twist around this peach would be interesting to paint.  I also liked the shapes created in the cast shadow from these leaves with a twist.

Artfully Yours,
Laura Leeder,
Watercolor Artist, Creston, BC

3 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Beautiful!The cast shadows are gorgeous.

Here in Ottawa, we never see peaches with their leaves:-(

Judy said...

Beautiful! I've never seen peaches with leaves also.

Laura Leeder said...

Peaches are just one of the many fruits that grow here in the Creston Valley. I happen to have a tree in my yard...so I was able to remove the peach with the leaves attached.

Thank You both for your kind words. Happy painting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...