Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Maple Leaf Study - Completed

"To gain confidence, constant practice is essential. Just as a musician needs to practice regularly to retain his touch, the watercolourist needs to be constantly in touch with the medium."   ~Robert Lovett


MAPLE LEAF STUDY In Watercolor
 


                     Maple Leaf Study
                   Watercolor - 6"x7.25"
                         Laura Leeder

CLICK HERE for purchase information
While out walking yesterday, I found myself studying leaves with a renewed interest.  
I collected a few more to study....some with lot's of beautiful green to yellow value changes.  
I've picked out one of these for my next small leaf painting. 
    "Practice is the best instructor"

Have a enjoyable day,
Laura Leeder
Watercolor Artist, Creston, BC

2 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

It's beautiful, Laura!

Laura Leeder said...

I was feeling very low today, after spending some time working on 2 small paintings....one an apple(which ended up in the scrap paper file), and the other....another maple leaf.
I was so excited about my maple leaf, the colors were good:so far, and then I started to put in a background....I'm trying to fix it, not sure if it can be saved....I will take another look tomorrow. Christiane...your email could not have arrived at a better time! Thank You!
I seem to be hitting a lot of bumps lately....I hope that is a sign of growth! All the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...