Thursday, October 27, 2011

On The Easel - Autumn Colors - Painting In Progress

"There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been!"    ~Percy Bysshe Shelley





















©Autumn Colors, painting in progress, Oct 26, 2011
   By Laura Leeder

I worked on this painting a bit more yesterday.

Mostly on the back leaves, which are almost finished.
I have dropped colors onto both wet & dry paper.  I then sprayed water to move this color around....I've dropped in salt and added flecks of paint from a toothbrush.  All of these techniques work well together on a simple composition such as these leaves.  And what fun watching the colors move about and mingle on the paper!

It's going to be another cold and rainy day, so I will spend some time in the studio and perhaps this painting will get finished.  Plus....I've another sketch I want to get started on and I am putting together an assortment of gift cards that I plan to sell in an upcoming Artisan Market.....more on that later!

Have a good one,
Laura Leeder,
Watercolor Artist, Creston, BC

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...