Monday, October 24, 2011

On The Easel - Autumn Colors

"How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days."
  ~John Burroughs

















©Autumn colors, painting in progress, Oct 24, 2011
   By Laura Leeder

Since my last post, I have completely emptyed out my studio. 

The room has been repainted...the windows, doors and furniture all received a thourough cleaning.
I have been sorting through boxes, paper, frames etc. and still have more to do. 

One of my favorite times of year is autumn. (spring being my first love)  And right now, it is a riot of color, as the leaves are changing from green to brilliant golds, oranges and crimsons.  The fall maple leaf is a favorite, although, I am partial to my "burning bush" with is scarlet, crimson and rose colors.

The above image is a small painting that I have just started featuring a few fallen maple leaves.

Enjoy your day,
Laura Leeder,
Watercolorist Artist, Creston, BC

3 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

I envy your energy, Laura! I do spring cleaning, but not autumn cleaning:-)
I really like your leaves series!

Judy said...

I like the colors of this painting!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You Christiane & Judy for your comments.
Painting leaves is just a fun break from the more complicated paintings that I've done.
I had no choice in the autumn cleaning....my studio was so cluttered that I was having trouble staying focused!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...