Sunday, November 6, 2011

Autumn Leaves - A Watercolor Painting By Laura Leeder

"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."     ~Albert Camus











                                                                 
©Autumn Leaves, Watercolor, Size: 9"x9"
   Laura Leeder

Splashing, charging, flicking colors.... spraying water and dropping salt....all techniques, I used in this small painting of maple leaves.  What fun!  And such a nice break from my usual method of layers of transparent colors.  Don't get me wrong...I enjoy my process of meticulous layering of watercolor paint....it's just that every now and again....a girl needs to cut loose and let the paint fall where it may!

I am declaring this painting finished....finally!

For information about this painting or to buy, Click here.

Yours In Art,
Laura Leeder,
Watercolor Artist, Creston, BC

3 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Laura! I love it! The joy of painting this jumps off the paper!

Win Dinn, Etc. said...

Yummy!

Laura Leeder said...

Thank You! I must make time to do more of this....feels like play!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...