Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Saving Those Blossoms - A Rescue In Progress

"When a painting problem crops up, don't rush to fix it. You probably already know one way to fix it, but wait for something else to show up... invite the muses to bring you a new solution."     ~ Carole Katchen

















©Hydrangea Blossoms, WC Painting In Progress
   Laura Leeder, Nov.16, 2011

I have been working mostly on the right blossom, at first glance it might not look any different.  If you look closely though, you will see that each petal is more defined.  It is a slow process, as I glaze on thin layers of transparent color.....I am getting there! 
As always, I work on more than 1 painting at a time.  Currently I have 3 on the go, and I started a new one yesterday.  I can't wait to get paint on it.....it's always those first drops of color onto that white paper that get my juices going! 
What is interesting for me, about these 4 paintings, is that they are all so very different from one another.  A first for me!  A floral, a still life that veers from my usual perspective and then 2 very different and fun pieces that are definitely not my usual compositions or style.

Enjoy your day, it's back to the studio for me!
Laura Leeder,
Watercolor Artist, Creston, BC

By the way.....if you're in the Creston area this Friday, I will be at the Cherrybrook Farms Artisan & Crafters Market, located at 2931, Hwy 3, from 1-5pm.  Stop in and say hi!        

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...