Friday, December 2, 2011

On The Easel - Painting Pears

"Your vision, rather than just your seeing, displays a thousand or more possible paintings in the simplest things."     ~Andrew Baker

















©Pears, Watercolor Painting In Progress
   Laura Leeder, Dec. 2, 2011

This simple still life of pears and a flower is a pleasant variation from my usual still life compositions. 
Although simple, it doesn't necessarily mean it will be easier.   The challenge for me is going to be in painting an interesting mix of values in complimentary colors.

No chance to work on this painting today, as I will be at the Artisan and Crafters Market at Cherrybrook Farms with a selection of prints and notecards on display.

If you are in the area stop in and say hi.  Lot's of gift ideas for yourself or family and friends.

Have a great day!
Laura Leeder
Watercolor Artist, Creston, BC

2 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

I love paintings of pears, Laura. With your usual great touch, I am sure this will be a stunning painting.
Good luck at the sale!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks for your encouraging words Christiane! I don't paint many pears, but when I do...I really enjoy exploring the color and value range!
Sale went well, getting great feedback on my notecard designs!
All the best...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...