Sunday, December 4, 2011

On The Easel - Still life With Pears In Progress

"Each painting is a kind of discovery, a discovery of new forms, color relation, or balance in composition. With every painting completed, the artist may change his viewpoint to suit the discoveries made, making his vision many-sided." 
     ~Robert Colquhoun


















© Pears, Watercolor Painting In Progress
    Laura Leeder, Dec. 4, 2011

I managed to squeeze in a small amount of painting time yesterday and here is the result. The pears are almost complete, and I've added the first glazes of color to the flower.   

I'm not sure what I'm goint to do with my background.  I've drawn a light pencil line a 1/4 of the way down the page and initially, I was planning to paint the backround above this line very dark, leaving the table top below it quite light.  I don't think I want to do that now, so I will leave this painting for a day or so and hopefully when I come back to it, I will know what to do!

I went out and bought a few christmas plants yesterday afternoon and I have started to unpack the decorations.  So that is todays project. (along with laundry and cleaning) 

Enjoy your day,
Laura Leeder

Watercolor Artist, Creston, BC

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...