Saturday, January 21, 2012

"The charm of the season – and the day in particular – is to be found in the union of the two complementaries blue and orange."  ~ Charles Burchfield


©Chrysanthemum's, watercolor in progress, Jan. 21, 2012
   By Laura Leeder

These mum's are beginning to take shape.  I am continuing to develop the front and back right mum. Using both warm and cool values of various reds and pinks, I am slowly moving across each flower.    

I've also started to develop the bowl, introducing a greyed value, which I think, helps temper all the blues and reds.  As I paint the bowl, I am trying to be careful to add just enough color to keep the bowl interesting, yet  not appear as if it's been forgotten, or....have it steal the show! 

I woke up to a winter wonderland this morning.  Several inches of snow fell through the night....a beautiful sight, though with the temperature warming up, it probably won't last for long.   

Enjoy your day,
Laura Leeder
Watercolor Artist, Creston, BC

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...