Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dance of Joy


"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
 They must be felt with the heart."     ~Helen Keller




Completed
Mandala Painting














© Dance of Joy, Watercolor, Jan.2012
    By Laura Leeder


Wow! This painting pulsates with color!    I can almost hear the drums in the background, as the "hearts glow" and move to the beat.  


I have never used as many reds and pinks in one painting, as I did here.  At one point, I thought this one was going in the wastebasket....I persevered, continuing to glaze thin layers of color until the image in my head materialized on paper.  Adding the ink outline was the final step that brought this "Dance of Joy" to life.  


Painting size is 10.5"x10.5"
I used Waterford Saunders 200lb cp watercolor paper.


This piece is currently not for sale ( I am considering having Giclee prints made).  


This painting evolved from a pattern that I used in "Color Me Up" a coloring book for artists, designed by Win Dinn, an artist and art instructor.
Visit her blog: http://windinnart.blogspot.com
      
"There are shortcuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them."   ~Vicki Baum


Have a heartfelt day,
Laura Leeder,
Watercolor Artist,
Creston, BC

4 comments:

Judy said...

Wow, I love the reds and pinks! Great idea to have prints or cards made, Laura!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Judy!

Nora MacPhail said...

Beautifully painted and a wonderful design. I love pink and red together!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Nora, in this piece they really work well together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...