Saturday, January 7, 2012

On The Easel - Heart's, Heart's and More Heart's!

"Among the things you can give and still keep are your word, a smile, and a grateful heart." 
     ~ Zig Ziglar (1926-) 





Step 1















©Watercolor Painting In Progress, Jan. 7, 2012
   Laura Leeder   

Another decorative art (Mandala) design.  With February right around the corner....this pattern of hearts seemed a good choice.  I'm using transparent watercolors and a combination of glazing and charging colors onto the paper. While the paper was still wet, I tossed in lot's of salt and allowed it to dry.  The intricate patterns created by the salt (photo does not do it justice) add another layer of texture and beauty.  This is an excellent way to explore color and so much fun!      




Step 2
















©Watercolor Painting In Progress, Jan. 7, 2012
   Laura Leeder

One of my goals for 2012 is to allow myself one day of play (in the studio) a week.  I'm calling it my decorative art day, as I plan to use these mandala patterns as my form of play.

I am using another pattern from Win Dinn's, "Color Me Up", book of Mandala designs.

Enjoy your day,
Laura Leeder
Watercolor Artist,
Creston, BC

5 comments:

Judy said...

It's a beauty, all those hearts!

Win Dinn, Etc. said...

How much funner can it get! This is just SO juicy....

Marion said...

Oh you are so creative (marked by the ability to create; inventive; imaginative)looking forward to seeing it all.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks everyone, I so appreciate your comments! If the sun comes out today, I can photograph and post the finished painting.

Laura Leeder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...