Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Best of Friends - 1st Painting of the New Year!


"We have been friends together, in sunshine and in shade."
   ~Caroline Sheridan Norton

© Best of Friends, Watercolor, Jan. 2, 2012
     By Laura Leeder

My first completed painting of the New Year!

I have spent the last few days trying to finish up all of my "works in progress".   As a result, this small painting is finally completed!   I really enjoyed the use of complimentary colors in this painting.  This was a bit of an "experimental piece" as I veered away from my original plan and then "stumbled" along.   Not necessarily the smartest thing to do when trying to paint a realistic, still life!   

The golden pears are the stars in this painting.  Snuggled together, like the "Best of Friends", the Hibiscus or Rose of Sharon,  a fall flowering blossom, found growing nearby in the garden, seals their friendship.

"Best of Friends" is painted on 200lb Waterford Saunders WC paper.  
The size is approximately 6 3/4" x 7 3/4 and is for sale through my new Etsy Shop.

Wishing you a day full of sunshine,
Laura Leeder

Watercolor Artist,
Creston, BC    


To buy this painting, CLICK HERE.

2 comments:

Win Dinn, Etc. said...

Oh this is lovely, Laura, and so cosy...best of friends, indeed!

Judy said...

It's a wonderful start of the new year, Laura!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...