Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"Look at the trees, look at the birds, look at the clouds, look at the stars... and if you have eyes you will be able to see that the whole existence is joyful."   ~Osho 



















©Tulips in Cup, Watercolor in progress, Feb.2012
   By Laura Leeder

I haven't done a painting with tulips in a very long time.  While shopping for groceries, these delicate pink tulips beckoned to me from the florist aisle....how could I resist?   The sun co-operated, appearing just long enough for me to grab a table, lace tablecloths, various vases and head outdoors to shoot several set-ups.

While I photographed the chickadees kept me company, flying from perch to perch, chirping happily. A flicker sat in the feeder, in the warmth of the sun, guarding his suet.  In the distance I could hear the Robins and it made me smile....is spring around the corner? And then the sun disappeared behind the clouds.  And just as quickly, the chickadees flew off, disappearing deep into the blue spruce.  The flicker, sent me a knowing look and it too flew off, leaving me alone to ponder the early arrival of the Robins and how good it felt to be here.        

With a grateful heart,
Laura Leeder, 
Watercolor Artist, Creston, BC

3 comments:

Win Dinn, Etc. said...

I love tulips, and I'm looking forward to the progression on this work! They so make me think spring....

Judy said...

What a lovely story of the birds in your garden! I hope spring will arrive soon! And you made a wonderful start with your painting!

Laura Leeder said...

I'm hoping to get lot's of good photos of tulips and daffodils this spring for my paintings.
I so enjoy watching the birds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...