Friday, February 24, 2012


"Painting is about three things. It's about revelation, communication, and celebration."  
    ~ Ken Howard



















©Pink Tulips, Watercolor in progress, Feb.24, 2012
   By Laura Leeder

I've added the pattern to the cup (looks confusing right now) and just enough color on the whole painting to allow me to concentrate on the tulips.  I'm working very slow on each petal, trying not to lose all the whites.  As I continue to develop the petals, I can't help but wonder, why in the world didn't I choose to paint purple, red or even orange tulips!   Oh, how much easier it would have been!     

Have a great weekend,

Laura Leeder,
Watercolor Artist, 
Creston, BC

2 comments:

Win Dinn, Etc. said...

Just think how 'springy' they'll be when you've finished - coming along beautifully...

Judy said...

Looking good! I'm painting pink tulips at the moment too, so I know what you mean!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...