Thursday, March 1, 2012

"Before anything else, preparation is the key to success."  
    ~Alexander Graham Bell












©Orchids, Watercolor in progress, March 1, 2012
    By Laura Leeder

I woke up this morning to 5-6" of fresh snow.  As I type this, the snow is coming down in big beautiful flakes and doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon.  It makes me think back a few years ago to working and living in Edmonton, AB.  
I am grateful that I don't have to get outside and shovel the driveway before getting into my car  and heading off to work.  Trudging along in bumper to bumper traffic, worrying about the icy roads, poor visibility, the driver ahead and the driver behind me.     
Today, I can enjoy it's beauty, fill my cup with fresh coffee and head down to the studio, select some music and sit down to paint.
As I don't have a new photograph of the tulips in progress, I thought I'd share this orchid piece that I am working on.  This is in preparation for a commission that I have accepted.  This is my first attempt at painting orchids, so I am treating this piece as a warm up exercise.  

Have a great day,

Laura Leeder,
Watercolor Artist, 
Creston, BC

4 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Laura, I woke up to snow also here in Ottawa: we are getting our winter now rather than in the previous months it seems. I echo your feelings: it's great not to have to fight morning traffic anymore and instead to sit at my drawing/painting table and look out the window!
Your orchid is off to a great start with that beautiful background!

Judy said...

I do so admire your fabulous backgrounds!

Win Dinn, Etc. said...

I'm excited to see you've started this commission, and look forward to the development.

Laura Leeder said...

I'm happy to say the snow has stopped and the sun is trying to come out.
Thank you all, for your encouraging words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...