Saturday, March 3, 2012

"In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed." 
     ~ Charles Darwin













©Orchids, Watercolor in progress, March 3, 2012
   By Laura Leeder

I am definitely improvising with this one!  My commission is for a blue orchid, my model is a violet orchid.  Blue orchids are rare and if you can locate and get one ordered in, it's very expensive (in my area of the country, that is).  My other option was to buy a white orchid and (gasp) add blue coloring to its soil.  I considered this, but in the end, I chose the violet orchid as it's shape was similar to the envisioned blue orchid of the client.  

No snow this morning, a much warmer day with clear sky's.  Although the forecast calls for a cloudy day, I am hoping the sun will peek out for a short while, and I can photograph the progress of this piece.  I'm headed out into the country for a walk this afternoon and looking forward to it!

Have a wonderful weekend,

Laura Leeder,
Watercolor Artist,Creston, BC

6 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

This is looking great!

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Christiane!

Win Dinn, Etc. said...

I can see this is going to be a beauty - the shapes of the orchids are lovely and additional colour can only enhance that.

Laura Leeder said...

Thanks Win, I'm counting on it!

Julie said...

Your art is beautiful!

Laura Leeder said...

Hi Julie, many thanks! Now, I must go over to your blog....thanks for visiting!
So glad we found each other through your Etsy Shop.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...